Saturday 21 November 2020

Gaslands - Warden Team

The Miyazaki team is small and elite, so next up I did quantity over quality: Warden. I figure the "Prison Car" upgrade (cheaper but flimsier) represents the cars being mostly held together by rust. Lots of grenade crates and perks to make things explode better, and hopefully enough vehicles that something makes it to the finish line!
 
This was the first rusty (but not Rusty's) team I've done. I did a solid base coat of dark reddish-brown (PP Umbral Umber), then stippled GW Doombull Brown, Squig Orange and Macharius Solar Orange over it.

I drybrushed a bit of metal over the whole thing to pick out bits that might have gotten scraped, then painted on splotches of chipped colour. I tried to make it look like it was worn off areas that would get bumped/scraped often.
 
The cars have been repaired with bits from other cars, hence the mismatched panels.

The buggies are mostly rust since they have enclosed cabs built out of sheet metal, so I tried to mix their cargo up a bit.

No guns here,  just a ram. This was my test model.

The only car with a gun. Still happy to ram things, though.

Buggy #1. Not sure what's under that tarp, but it's explosive.

Buggy #2 carries extra fuel for extra range and extra boom.

Buggy #3 has an engine donated by a monster truck (I think), and the original tray contents. That's probably a box of something explosive.

No comments:

Post a Comment